The prolonged severe winter weather in the Western Cape has helped to hone our skills in waterproofing of all types of roofs and walls. Our practical experience over years of tracing and remedying leaks gives us confidence in tackling virtually any problem.
Smart Services are not 'fly by night' waterproofing contractors who obliterate the effects of water ingress and then hope for the best! We will quote for remedial work only after careful inspection of problem areas and accurately determining the cause of water ingress.
Your peace-of-mind as to our diagnostic competence is assured as our diagnosis is usually supported by photographic evidence of roof defects.
Upon discussing with you the options of remedial measures, we shall then provide a detailed quotation. Our waterproofing is backed by a written guarantee supported by the product’s manufacturer.
Smart Services has unrestricted access to a wide variety of quality waterproofing materials, the choice of which is determined by the type of building surface. These materials include products such as acrylic and bitumen-based membranes, mastic fillers and coatings, cementitious waterproofing systems and latex based damp proofing.
Certain types of roof membranes on low pitch roofs require regular long-term maintenance to sustain optimum performance for which we will also quote.
Scope Of Work
Roofing and building elements on new and old buildings include:
- Roof tiles: replacing or repair of concrete, clay and fibre cement
- Roof sheeting: replacing entire roofs or defective metal and fibre cement materials
- New Flat Roofs: heat-applied or cementious membranes applied to the flat roofs of newly constructed buildings
- Existing Flat Roofs: stripping of defective materials and replacement with new heat-applied or cementious membranes
- Balconies: new and existing concrete or tiled
- Parapets, Flashings and Gutters: leak repairs, coating or replacement
- Facebrick Walls and Parapets: application of long-lasting siloxane water repellent
- Roof Ducting and Piping: Waterproofing at roof entry
- Showers: waterproofing walls and floors before tiling
- Concrete Water Holding Structures: integral crystalline cementitious technology combats leaks and cracks
- Underground Walls Prior To Back Filling: permanent waterproofing with crack compensation.
Safety And Clean-Up
Clients are assured that Smart Services operate safe work sites by strictly adhering to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Construction regulations of 2004 – whether it requires using the correct access equipment, the safe handling of liquids or control of dust. The final disposal of residues and hazardous waste, and site clean-up is carefully attended to.